26 June 2007

What's up with me: Taking a goof off break to surf and blog. Still working on my huge house re-organization project.

It's a forced break, actually, because I think Czari has lost a lizard in the breakfast room and it's, um, stinking. She's our big lizard hunter (ever tell you about the time we found the decomposing tail in our bed???) and sometimes she looses them. "Lizard? Lizard? Lizard! Where you go? Mama! I lost lizard again!" Ah, no worries kitty, we'll find lizard in a day or two. And sure enough. . . *gags* I noticed the start of a smell in there yesterday and today it's a full fledged stench that's rolling into the kitchen. Stoney will be home in less than three hours; good; this is a his job. Don't look down your nose at me, ladies, my man deals with cadavers and other stinky things at work, he can handle a dead lizard. I, on the other hand, just can't. Sure, if I HAD to, I guess I could. But, isn't that one of the reasons I/y'all got married? His jobs, her jobs. . . Come on, admit it--you've got the same stuff at your house. I feed the cats, he does the cat poo. Fine by me. Dead lizards are a "man job" in my house. I ain't ashamed of that!

Changing the subject, we saw more coons last night! Two sets of them, in fact. AND A FOX! No joke! The first noise I heard was a fox stealing the meat pizza off the bird food table. Imagine that! I was stunned! Then, our portly couple came and started eating the cheese pizza and watching us watch them. We were being thoroughly amused (I woke Stoney up for the occasion), when some shadows caught the corner of my eye and I just knew it was babies. Our portly couple scooted off and a mom with three kits came and finished off the leftovers. It was so much fun. The babies were pretty clumsy at time, which as a hoot, and mom was quite thin and hungry, which was not. We watched in amazement, though. They sure were cute!

Okay, let's see if I can stand the funk in there enough to move some things around. Then again, I may just call it a wasted day and start a game. Who knows. I'm lazy like that.

I'm reading: Conrad's Fate by Diana Wynne Jones (yes, I'm still on her books; good fun stuff for kids and adults!) and Come to the Quiet by John Michael Talbot.

Just finished reading: the very enjoyable, easy to read Invasion of the Body Snatchers by Jack Finney. I've overheard on twitter (over-read, should I say?) that the book ending and the movie ending are different. Having never seen the movie, I can't say, but I did enjoy Finney's style enough to want to read others. I like a creepy book from time to time. :D

Stoney is: Playing the Game of Life with his bosses granddaughter. Bwahahaha.

Latest movie watched: Baby Einstein: Numbers Nursery--J. spent the day with me on Thursday and we watched this. Normally, I'm totally against TV for kids (I'm a kill your TV person, by the way), but the Baby Einstein stuff isn't half bad. We use them sometimes in our classrooms, too. He enjoyed this one and repeated the numbers. I like how it focused JUST on the number one for a while, then JUST one the number two, instead of going 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 over and over again. It was easier for him, with his disability, to grasp the number one when he had time to hear it again and again. Pretty good stuff. No plot, barely any dialog, just bright colors, word repetition, kid-attracting images and good music. I like.

I'm listening to: John Lennon's "And So This is Christmas" thanks to my random media player. :D ("Happy Christmas, Kyoko." "Happy Christmas, Julian.") It was just followed by a live version of Jimi Hendrix doing "Like a Rolling Stone"! I love the shuffle feature on my computer!!

Quote of the day: "John had an incredible sense of humor, and we did these things not with incredible seriousness. Tongue in cheek, you know." Yoko Ono (interview)


The weather is: Hot hot hot. I don't do hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home