28 July 2007

6 years ago today. . .

Six years ago today, Stoney and I went over to the next county's courthouse and were second in line when the doors opened at 8 a.m. that Saturday morning. We filled out our papers, got a list of available County Commissioners and went back to the car.


Stoney spent a few minutes calling around, till he found a fella who could marry us at 11 am and then we went to the all-you-can-eat breakfast bar. We ate a boatload of bacon (I was a backslid vegetarian at that time), did a little shopping (I still have the paper doll page I picked up for the step-daughter) and drove one town over to meet the Commissioner.

He did a nice, very personal, quick ceremony--outside their little City Hall next to the bird feeder--took a few photos for us and we drove home.

We left voice mail messages for both sets of parents ("hi, it's me; just thought you'd like to know we got married today. Talk to you later; love you."), took a nap and later celebrated with a Mystery Science Theatre 3000 movie, a bottle of champagne and black beans and rice.

I was up all night with massive indigestion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes to you both, Gypsie! I hope you add another fifty at least to your 'run'.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Medbie said...

Thanks! :D Me too!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home