09 May 2008

Southern Reading Challenge


This is an interesting challenge to me, and one I'm joining mainly because I've never been that interested in (a)American fiction in general and (b)Southern fiction in particular. You'd think, being a Southerner, and not being at all ashamed of it, that I'd be huge on Southern lit. But, I'm not. I'm more of an Anglophile--17-19th centuries--in my reading. This could broaden my horizons a bit!

The rules are easy: 3 Southern Setting Books by Southern Authors in 3 Months beginning May 15 through August 15!


Edit: I noticed that it's open to nonfiction, as well. I'm thinking about reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, something by Faulkner, and a children's book on my to-be-read shelf entitled Horns and Wrinkles.

Progress:

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
read 16 May 2008 | read my review

A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
read 9 June 2008 | read my review 5/5 stars

Sonny's House of Spies by George Ella Lyons
read 6 July 2008 | read my review 5/5 stars

1 Comments:

Blogger maggie moran said...

Well, thanks for joining Medbie. Sounds like this challenge will really be a challenge for you. I look forward to your choices, and Anne Rice is actually a southern author using New Orleans as a setting. This might help you stay in the century you prefer since vampires are timeless. :D

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home