29 July 2008

Hmmm. . . Another Potential Challenge. . .

While visiting Scarlett in the Bell Jar, I noticed another challenge--the 1% Well-Read Challenge. The premise is to read 10 books from the '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' List--now I've already read over 100 of them, but. . . Since I have the list already (here), on a whim, I thought I'd see if I'd read any more since the start of this challenge (May 2008).

Well, I'll be doggoned if I hadn't read one a month already! I read Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 in May (no review, but some discussion here) and read both the Murder of Roger Ackroyd (awesome and amazing!) and A Confederacy of Dunces in June (my raving review). How about that?!

So, can I read one in these last few days of this month--or at least the early part of next month and continue in the challenge? I own a slew of them that I've not read, so I might just give a try. Many of them are on my too-be-read shelf or are Pre-20th Century works so would cross over to my 888 Challenge nicely, so. . . If I can get around to reading another, I'll just have to join up! (Yes, I'm addicted to a challenge!) I'll keep ya'll posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home