07 July 2008

LibraryThing

I discovered LibraryThing a few years ago; actually it was a couple of weeks after it went public. I played with it a bit, loved it, became a life time member, and then promptly got busy and didn't go back to cataloging my books. I never really forgot about it, I just didn't go back and finish. Then I noticed b's link to her library on it one day and thought I'd give it another try.

Wow! He's added some awesome new features since I had last played over there!! :D

So. . . I've been spending a lot of my time over there cataloging. It's SOOO much fun for a person like me, on the spectrum, who loves to organize and catalog and who it totally in love with her own books. I don't know if I'll be able to get them all cataloged before the end of summer or not (I can't believe how quickly the time is going!), seeing as how I've yet to finish one bookcase, but I'm having tons of fun! If you don't already use LibraryThing, go check it out. You might just love it, too!

You can see my profile and my library, if you like, and down at the bottom of the column at your right there --->
is a random assortment of my books. Clicking on the words "my library" on that widget will take you to (you guessed it) my library, but clicking on the book face will take you to amazon.


(I will still the goodreads widget, since I read so many books from the library, ie books I don't actually own, that it makes sense to use it to list my currently reading and to-be-read lists that way.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home