01 August 2008

Beedle the Bard release date announced


Rowling's charity foundation, Children's High Level Group, is to publish The Tales of Beedle the Bard in December. According to Border's: "All net proceeds from the sale of the books - expected to be in the region of £4 million / $8 million - will be donated to CHLG." So, those nay-sayers that will be yacking about how she's just out to make more one the Harry Potter label can shut up. She's got a wonderful imagination and I look forward to reading these!

The Border's article says this is the book Dumbledore left to Hermione, and now she has translated these five stories, complete with his footnotes. Amazon raves about the historical backstories--right down my alley! Again I say, I'm really excited! I want to know more about this world, prior to Harry, more about Dumbledore and his peers, more about the pre-Voldimort world. Hopefully this will give a nice taste of that, and be good imaginative fun. I've got to wait till December to find out. . . sigh. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home