19 July 2007

What Kind of World Do YOU Want?

Some of you know my passion for autism and my love for my autistic students, so humor me. :) Five For Fighting has some sort of a deal that is getting up to $0.49 donated to Autism Speaks when people watch this video, What Kind of World Do You Want, something to do with their advertisers I believe.

The video is incredible, whether any coins get donated or not. All the children pictured are autistic and the facts are right on target--and so is the sentiment. Go watch it, be enlightened to my world, my passion, what tugs at my heart strings. You can't really know me unless you know a little bit about autism. And if it does get some change donated to Autism Speaks, well, then consider your arm twisted. Please. . .

Because I DO want a world where my autistic children--and all the rest--will be able to make eye contact with their parents and say the words "I love you", without prompting, with understanding, and not as a one time thing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched it, Gypsie! It's strange that people would say there's something 'wrong' with those children - they're beautiful little souls.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Medbie said...

Thanks for watching it, Susan. I love the children, so much! There is something so special about them. I work with disabled preschoolers and, though it sounds odd to say it, my "favorite disability" to work with is autism. My heart is just so in tune to these little guys! You are right--they ARE beautiful!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

My daughter Beth is doing volunteer work over the summer at AHRC. She is helping with a kindergarten class of kids with autism. She has learned so much because of Mikey and number one, she tells me, is that they are annoying little kids... just like every other little kid! ;) But what else would you expect from a 14 year old?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Medbie said...

LOL Annoying can be quite true--busy is even truer!

That's awesome that Beth is helping out; these kids needs all the typical peers they can get!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home