20 September 2008

Red Rum

I'm in the process of cleaning up after my husband's murder spree, and let me tell you, it's a hard job!

Okay, maybe that's not EXACTLY true, but regardless, what I'm doing is certainly a deterrent to doing any actual bloodletting in the future!

Stoney was making chili, turned around to add the crushed tomatoes and lost his grip on the can. Bang! Splat! It hit the floor so hard that the bottom of the can is dented and the tomatoes. . . well, the blood sauce went EVERYwhere! Truly, it covered about 20 feet, into the next room and nearly into the next! We were amazed it didn't hit me!

Here, in my to-scale, amazingly detailed, wonderful drawing, you can see where all it did go. The wall and fridge and cabinets and floor of the kitchen, then into the living room floor, on its wall and across the living room ceiling and on the far living room wall. It stopped right in the doorway to the office, with just a few splats, where I was sitting all innocently with my back to the mishap.

The most amazing thing is how it even got BEHIND the calender in the kitchen. BEHIND it. Wow!

blood splatter analysis

I'm cleaning while he goes to get more tomatoes (I have the lesser of the two evils, believe you me!) and have discovered that Clorox wipes are doing the best job, but it's still a pain to stand on a step stool and rub tomato guts out of textured ceiling! On the bright side, the fridge outsides are the cleanest they've been since we got it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

My husband told me a few weeks back about some study that showed that husbands add about 10 hours of work per week to their wife's workload. I think your husband may have gone over his allotment this week. :)
And I do love the way you looked at the bright side there!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Medbie said...

LOL I can't wait to tell him this! :D

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home