17 May 2008

TV Show Challenge

Deb did this challenge (she found it at Kimmy's The Smug Cloud who started it from Empire Magazine's list of the "50 Greatest TV Shows" ever) and (being nearly anti-TV) I thought it would be fun to see my answers.

The list is below, and Kimmy's rules are:

1. Bold the shows of which you've watched every episode.
2. Italicize the shows of which you've seen at least one episode.
2a. Star * the shows you consider "the best".
3. Post your answers.

--------------------

50. Quantum Leap
49. Prison Break
48. Veronica Mars (never heard of it)
47. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (never heard of it)
46. Sex & the City
45. Farscape (never heard of it)
44. Cracker (never heard of it)
43. Star Trek* (not one of my 10 best but certainly one of the best on this list)
42. Only Fools and Horses (never heard of it)
41. Band of Brothers (never heard of it)
40. Life on Mars (never heard of it)
39. Monty Python's Flying Circus* (and own them all too)
38. Curb Your Enthusiasm (never heard of it)
37. Star Trek: The Next Generation
36. Father Ted (never heard of it)
35. Alias (never heard of it)
34. Frasier
33. CSI: Las Vegas (never heard of it)
32. Babylon 5
31. Deadwood (never heard of it)
30. Dexter (I've read the books, why would I want to watch some sorry portrayal that couldn't possibly convey the emotional depths of character that the books do?)
29. ER
28. Fawlty Towers*(All of the MULTIPLE times)
27. Six Feet Under (never heard of it)
26. Red Dwarf* (great, GREAT show and I'm sad that I've NOT seen them all;not one of my 10 best but certainly one of the best on this list)
25. Futurama
24. Twin Peaks
23. The Office UK (never heard of it)
22. The Shield (never heard of it)
21. Angel (never heard of it)
20. Blackadder* (I can't convey how much I love this show, especially the 4th!)
19. Scrubs (never heard of it)
18. Arrested Development (never heard of it)
17. South Park
16. Doctor Who* (spent years watching this religiously--not one of my 10 best but certainly one of the best on this list)
15. Heroes (never heard of it)
14. Firefly (never heard of it)
13. Battlestar Galactica
12. Family Guy
11. Seinfeld
10. Spaced (never heard of it)
09. The X-Files
08. The Wire (never heard of it)
07. Friends
06. 24 (never heard of it)
05. Lost
04. The West Wing
03. The Sopranos
02. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
01. The Simpsons

---------------------------------------------------------

Hell-OOOO? Where is the Prisoner? That is THE best show of all time! These people are clueless! No Prisoner, no MST3k, no Mr. Bean? Sheesh!

I guess, from my list up there, it's pretty obvious that I killed my television about 8 years ago and watched very little before that. I really don't dig on no TV (she said borrowing a phrase from Jules).

For a lark, I thought super hard so I could show what good TV REALLY is--I wanted to give a list of the ten best shows. I almost couldn't come up with ten, but at the last minute, right before posting, I remembered one more.
1-The Prisoner
2-Monty Python's Flying Circus
3-Blackadder
4-Mystery Science Theatre 3000
5-Fawlty Towers
6-Mission: Impossible
7-Mr. Bean
8-Are You Being Served?
9-the original Who's Line is it Anyway
10-The Good Life (a/k/a Good Neighbors in the U.S.)

Now to me, that's good TV! They don't make it like that anymore. . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pretty skewed list, isn't it. Then again, yours seems to be skewed toward British comedy!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home