01 August 2008

Disappointments Abound

Got our classroom assignments in the email a short while ago; I'm being moved to another teacher. I don't want to work with another teacher. I work with the best and I don't want to work with a teacher that doesn't have the same philosophy of teaching that I do, that doesn't command my respect, that doesn't (to be honest) know more and better than I do about teaching special ed preschoolers.

Vain, you think? No, I've just worked with the best, that's all.

Frankly, I'm devastated. Of, course, I got moved around last year too and it all worked out okay in the end, but. . . I don't like the feel of it this year.

I've been saying for years that I need to get the special ed teaching masters and come back and be the lead teacher myself. I just wanted a few years under Caroline to learn as much from her as I could, soak it all up, try to get as second nature about it as she is. This may push my hand. There are some grants I can apply for--the time may be now, depending on how the year unfolds.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just got the comment you left me on Library Thing regarding The Friendly Jane Austen.

Thank you so much! I needed that!

Natalie Tyler

11:44 PM  
Blogger Medbie said...

:D
You are more than welcome! :D

12:31 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh Medbie, I'm so sorry! I don't doubt that you know what you're talking about, but still, for your sake, I hope things go better than you think they will.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home