07 August 2008

Booking Through Thursday

Booking Through Thursday

1. Are there any particular worlds in books where you’d like to live? Tolkien's world, without a doubt, and be a Shield Maiden of Rohan. Also, Discworld, though I'm afraid the humor of it is lost on the actual citizens, with the possible exception of Vetinari--but I would love to live in Lancre with Nanny Ogg and Granny Weatherwax.

2. Or where you certainly would NOT want to live? Any world created by Dean Koontz--terror and scary things live around every corner and drive all the vans.

3. What about authors? If you were a character, who would you trust to write your life? Diana Wynne Jones, because it would most certainly be magical and humorous. Terry Pratchett, for the same reason. I really like Neil Gaiman, but he'd have me literally in hell and back again and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Christopher Moore is another top favorite of mine, but again, I'm not really eager to be having personal relationships with sea monsters or become embroiled with cargo cults or be "helped" by loony gods.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Great answers! When I read that first question, my first thought was Middle Earth, too. But I'm not as brave and ambitious as you...I'd just like to settle down in the Shire and eat and relax and eat! :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home